True Grit vs. No Country for Old Men

2 comments

8 comments

True Grit wins

the hardest coen brothers question ever

No Country for Old Men manages to congure up the scariest film villain I've seen since Hannibal Lecter. Call it!

True Grit....but it's close...

i think javier bardem IS scarier then hannibal lecter, hands down! it's kindve funny how josh brolin played a good guy in No Country but then he played Tom Cheney in True Grit. But yeah, No Country Wins by a landslide

Cause of Javier scary villain. and the grand setting its such a strong film way better than The Great Bridges in True Grit and thats saying something.

True Grit was a great remake but the win goes to No Country for Old Men.

No Country by far

Not even a contest. True Grit remake does nothing new in my opinion, it's pretty much exactly the same as the original but with a bit more violence. No Country is a masterpiece and absolutely demolishes here.

^Yeah I enjoyed True Grit, but the original is the superior version. No Country for Old Men takes it with ease.

In both versions of True Grit, I felt the buildup and eventual climax was lacking something. The story feels rushed unfortunately. It has an engrossing and rich atmosphere, but so does No Country For Old Men -- which is infinitely more entertaining, with its own level of deep and complex themes.

ear
ear

Hands down winner is No Country For Old Men.

No Country For Old Man, comfortably.