Hellboy II: The Golden Army vs. Spider-Man 3

11 comments

3 comments

why are you making me compair such crappy sequles, i don't know which one was worse

These both sucked. Spiderman should win just because it's Spiderman, but it should also live up to a higher level because it's Spiderman. Didn't really care that Hellboy wasn't good, but Spidey 3 hurt.

I understand the hate for Spider-Man 3. Don't agree with it entirely, because I didn't mind Spider-Man 3, but I can understand it. Hellboy II, though? I consider it perhaps the best sequel I have seen to date. On the subject of Spider-Man 3, even it is superior to Hellboy, I feel. If it were not for Guillermo del Toro directing, I'd not have even finished watching Hellboy. On the other hand, Hellboy II felt like a reboot more than a sequel. I'd say it's easily one of the best comic book superhero films yet.

Hellboy II sucked?

Hellboy II surprised me. I liked it better than the first one.

Spider-man was ruined with the emo dance scene. It was also horrible the way they played venom.

Alright, Spider-man 3 wasn't as bad as everybody seems to think it is. It may not be great, but God knows its better than Batman and Robin. Hellboy II is the better film though because Sath McFarlene is hilarious, as is the Ade Sapian actor, and Ron Paulmen kicks butt as Hellboy.

It's hard to argue against the imagination on display in Hellboy II. For some reason, I prefer the first (just slightly; it's a toss-up), but both beat the hell out of Spider-Man 3, and even the first Spider-Man. The Golden Army is not as great a sequel as Spidey 2, but Spidey 3 is no competition whatsoever.

golden army is so much better.

Honestly I'm going with Spider-Man 3. I didn't like Hellboy II.

Spider-Man 3 is light-years ahead of anything Hellboy. The source material alone outclasses it by a factor of 1000000.

Golden Army was enjoyment while Spidey 3 is mediocre and forgettable in every way.

Hellboy II has great characters and motivation while the third Spider-Man film was the most disappointing in every way it did.

Is this even fair? Golden Army by a factor of 100000000.

Golden Army improved on the first movie by a lot and is a great example of a successful sequel, Spider-Man 3... Let's just say it isn't.