The Terminator vs. Blade Runner

1 comments

8 comments

Probably the best Scfi movies ever made blade runner has a better story and better effects but the terminator has more action. A tough decision but i'm going to have to go with the terminator

both are great. i liked Blade Runner better, it had the better climax

I simply don't love BR like I do with Terminator...Sure, its the better film and I love aspects of it but gimme Arnie

T2 beats BR, but T1 and BR is a tough choice. Going with BR I suppose.

Terminator has more suspense and action, but Blade Runner is possibly the greatest sci-fi ever made.

Blade Runner easily destroys the terminator.

Iconic as it may be, The Terminator is little more than a high-concept slasher, and it's no match for the mother of Cyberpunk/Tech Noir: Blade Runner–the original, the ultimate, the inimitable! While The Terminator reduces its conflict to 'humans vs machines', Blade Runner stratifies its conflict to the much deeper 'humans vs humanity', for just because one is human doesn't mean one has humanity, not especially if competing against an idea of "more human than human." The act of retiring is different from termination in that it's morally ambiguous. Moreover, the theme of corporate hubris is addressed with more poignancy in Blade Runner, which seems to suggest that creations like replicants arise less out of avarice and malice, and more out of ignorance and a dangerous curiosity about the forbidden, stemming from a lack of otherworldly wisdom. Replicant > Terminator and, again, Tyrell Corp > Skynet. At the end of the day, having your characters wear trench coats, setting a majority of the story during night-time, and shoehorning a night-club whose entrance flashes "TechNoir" in red, does not a tech-noir masterpiece make. Maybe the props of Terminator could've been recycled for a Trent Reznor music-video…

I can rewatch The Terminator over and over again. Blade Runner, however, leaves me in so much awe by its themes, cinematography, and atmosphere.

ear
ear

The Terminator is favoured by me. I find it extremely entertaining.

Blade Runner ripped off Terminator so I gotta give Arnold some much needed justice

buenomikey, Blade runner came before The Terminator, but yeah Blade runner barely wins this