The Little Mermaid vs. The Lion King

7 comments

21 comments

Two Disney classics. The Little Mermaid is more suited for girls, while The Lion King is more for boys, and since I'm a guy, I'm going with The Lion King.

Great movies, both classics but Lion King all the way. Sorry Ariel, it's the circle of life...

The Little Mermaid launched that second wonderful Golden Age of Disney animation, which peaked with The Lion King. Both are great, great movies, but I too have to side with Simba on this one.

I'm a guy, and I'm still going for The Little Mermaid.

Goodness, what a difficult one. The characters are more in depth in Lion King, which gives it the nod.

Eh, if The Little Mermaid wasn't such an ode to bratty opportunism and anarchism it would be a pretty dull film. Even with its deliciously petulant nihilism it loses to The Lion King.

Both films are good. But The Little Mermaid was definetly made as a better Motion Picture. The colors in TLM are more vibrant, the action gets you on the edge of your seat, and the story can be more related to. The movie doesn't have to be overblown with big landscapes and epic scores for standing on top of a large rock. The characters in the Little Mermaid have more dimension, developement, and serve the plot better. TLM is so good, it doesn't even need to be discussed and compared to the Lion King, or Beauty and the Beast, or Aladdin. TLM is neither a new or old Walt Disney film, it's in a category all of its own. Well above the rest...

I picked Ariel over Simba but this is like saying a certain brand of artificially sweetened soda is better on the rocks than chilled. They're both bland formulaic stories and I probably won't revisit either of them.

Little Mermaid. Ariel FTW!

I like The Little Mermaid, but Lion King is something else entirely for me.

The Lion King is the best Disney movie. (Not counting Pixar)

Little Mermaid :D

Both excellent films and two of Disney's best but Lion King is more tear-jerking and has a Hans Zimmer score.

The Lion King

Both are great some of the best animated films of the last 30 years and without them all cartoons would be anime even though TLM is in my top 20 the Lion King has it all Action heart and great musical numbers so many great characters as well! The Lion King wins.

Definetely The Little Mermaid so much better and more sophisticated than the Lion King.

I gotta go with the Little Mermaid. The Lion King is great but the Little Mermaid is just amazing, the music, the animation, the story, it's just too good to be denied. It did take me about 5 seconds to decide.

Easily The Lion King. From the story to the characters to the songs to Hans Zimmer's beautiful score it's definitely Disney's finest work.

This is such a tough decision, but I think I'll choose Little Mermaid, I love Ariel

Simba!

hmmm....tough choice, but TLK wins. Ursala was of course far creepier, but the sad exciting emotions were more powerful. TLM wins in comedy but that doesn't necessarily make it better, both comedy sidekicks in both films were funny and helped out of course, and both had an only ALMOST believable love-story, but TLM's beginning wasn't as eye-catching and its ending was powerful but a tad-bit lame. Rainbows, seriously, King Trident?

The Lion King

I have to go with The Lion King. Lion King wins here.

difficult to choose. I suppose TLK is better.

Both Disney animated musical films are great, but I'm going to go with The Lion King. It's going to be my favorite Disney movie of all time. Plus, The Little Mermaid is really scary with Ariel's transformation scene by Ursula. One day, I will watch The Lion King so that I can see what's going to happen to Mufasa. It's one of the best and saddest Disney moments.

Both Disney animated musical films are tough, but I'm going to go with The Lion King. It's going to be my favorite Disney movie of all time. Plus, The Little Mermaid is really scary about Ariel's transformation scene by Ursula. One day, I will watch The Lion King so I want to know what's going to happen to Mufasa and his son, Simba. It's one of the best and saddest Disney moments.

Both Disney animated musical films are great, but I'm going to go with The Lion King. It's going to be my favorite Disney movie of all time. Plus, I'm having a difficult time to watch The Little Mermaid. It's too serious, though it's scary.

Obviously The Lion King

I really like The Little Mermaid but The Lion King wins here.

Two of my fav Disney films period(Neither are bland or dull) but Lion King has the better soundtrack and voice cast!

What kind of question is that lol? The Lion King for the win! Both are great but The Little Mermaid doesn't even come close to The Lion King!

THE LION KING

ear
ear

Little Mermaid for me.