Supercop vs. Police Story

1 comments

1 comments

Chan is the man! I know everybody will kill me but I'm going with Supercop: my all-time favorite JC film. Police Story is amazing but some parts get on my nerves... I'm talking about those cringe-worthy and embarrassing courtroom scenes. The film loses a bit of steam once the "fugitive" angle is introduced but makes up for it big time with the mall fight. For me at least, Supercop is awesome as a whole and doesn't have one boring bit, unlike PS. Jackie and Michelle Yeoh going undercover to bring down a drug lord is as nail-biting stuff can possibly get. Plus, the film has a fantastic sense of humor, even for a Jackie Chan flick. The helicopter stunts were fucking unreal...a more satisfying finale than the mall fight. They're both top-notch but Supercop without a doubt for me.

I'm always a little offended when I'm not the first to comment on a Jackie Chan match-up. Supercop's cool enough that you picking it doesn't bother me. I DO have to disagree with you on a couple points though. I don't think the fugitive thing causes Police Story to lose any steam, at all. If anything, I think the fugitive angle helps it. The court scene isn't exactly cringe-worthy (I mean, it IS a Hong Kong movie), but it's totally unneeded. If there's a scene that slows things down, it's that one. And the finales - the helicopter stuff is insane. But the mall scene taint-kicks just about every other action scene in existence, the helicopter scene being one of them. Helicopters are cool, but they can't top the whirlwind of choreography you get at the end of Police Story.