Beauty and the Beast vs. Aladdin

11 comments

10 comments

Both are amazing Disney classics, but I think Aladdin has a lot more oomph. =)

Belle is gorgeous, not a huge fan of Jasmine, but Aladdin is a better movie. Robin Williams' Genie may be the best voiced animated character ever.

I love Aladdin, but Beauty and the Beast is magical too! I have to go with Aladdin this time :)

ear
ear

You can put that genie back in the bottle.

I was never a huge fan of either of these but I think I will go with Beauty.

Tough, but BatB just edges out Aladdin. Both are in my top 10 though.

Robin Williams' best performance outside Good Will Hunting deserves some dap.

Didn't really like Aladdin. Think it's because I found the genie grating, not entertaining. Sick 'em, Beast.

On repeated viewings Beast gets ever more wack.

Do I really have to choose?...... =/

Beauty and the Beast is arguably more timeless (as peppered with pop culture references as Aladdin is), but it doesn't matter. I love 'em both, but I just like Aladdin better.

Aladdin gets the victory here. Much more entertaining IMO....

JRM
JRM

This may be the most difficult Disney showdown out there. Will likely go back and forth for years to come, but for now, Beauty and the Beast takes it.

Beauty and the Beast is the better overall film compared to Aladdin. The performances of Angela Lansbury and Jerry Orbach are wonderful and the overall production is a beautiful story that Disney perfects with it's music and heart. Aladdin is incredible with Robin Williams as the Genie, the funniest character in Disney history, but Williams alone can't beat Beauty and the Beast

Two of Disney's best. Beauty and the Beast is better because I found that Aladdin lacked emotional depth

Aladdin gets credit for being brilliantly fun, but Beauty and the Beast is great fun, as well as being profound...

Aladdin is my favourite of the Disney Animated Classics series. Beauty comes close, and is pretty much perfect, but Aladdin appeals more to boys with all the action, adventure, magic, monsters, smart-alecky hero etc. so naturally I liked Aladdin more growing up. Also, it has the Genie, enough said really...

yes Genie in Aladdin is perfect love that movie But Beauty and the beast is stunning with a better story and soundtrack the only answer is BEAST.

They are both some of the worst and most terrible Disney movies ever, and are both overrated as hell.

Beauty and the Beast is the best Disney animated film. Period.

Beauty and the Beast is the best Disney film. Period.

This is tough, two of the best Disney movies ever. But I think Beauty in the Beast is overall the better film. Better music, better characters, and a much better romance. This is very close but gotta go with Belle.

Beauty and the Beast is far away better than Aladdin.

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST ALL THE WAY. ALADDIN HAS SOME OF THE BEST DISNEY SONGS OF ALL TIME BUT IVE NEVER BEEN A FAN OF THE MOVIE THE ONLY GREAT THING ABOUT IT IS THE GENIE.

Aladdin only because it’s less ‘girly’.

wow another good vs but I have to say aladdin has a little more action in it