Return of the Jedi vs. The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

12 comments

29 comments

The Mines of Moria will beat Ewoks any day. I'm a huge Star Wars fan but I cannot in good conscience pick Return of the Jedi over Fellowship.

All right, look, there's only one "Return," okay, and it ain't "of the King," it's "of the Jedi."

This one is so ridiculously hard. They are both such special films to me, I couldn't possibly rate one over the other. If I had to though, Fellowship. Sigh.

I really should chime in and say that Return of the Jedi was my absolute favorite movie as a kid. As a kid. The Empire Strikes Back is better, and Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings trilogy destroys Star Wars. Period.

sooo hard. argh. Return of the Jedi by a whisper

Hands down 'Return of the Jedi'. It knew when to END.

JRM
JRM

Return of the Jedi is my least favorite Star Wars film, next to Episode I. And Fellowship is my least favorite Lord of the Rings film. However, I love both, and I give the edge to Fellowship.

Torturous.. I will go with Fellowship only because Star Wars and Empire are both in my top 10 right now.

LotR wins this. Fellowship is brilliant in building up the whole saga.

My favorite childhood movie against a film that I have watched twice? Fellowship is good, but I prefer my wizards with lightsabers..

If Peter Jackson and his flunkies actually READ the source material instead of making stuff up, then perhaps those movies would be up there with The Warz.

As much as I love LOTR, it will never be Star Wars. Ever...

Fellowship, this is probably the only Star Wars(of the originals) that I'd pick an LOTR over.

I love TLotR, but Jedi wins without doubt

The Fellowship of the Ring is better than Return of the Jedi

They are both mesmerizing films but i have to go with The Fellowship of the Ring here

Return of the Jedi easily on this one.

Fellowship

FOTR easily

Jedi for me.

I cannot possibly believe that Return of the Jedi is winning...Seriously, the movie is so weak compared to the first two and it just keeps falling down on my Flickchart....Ewoks, 2nd Death Star, same tactics to destroy it, so many goofy scenes at Endor....Fellowship easy Don't get me wrong, I still really like Jedi but Fellowship of the Ring is what i call, a far superior movie...

Fellowship for me.

Fellowship of the Ring is without a doubt a greater film. Its so much stronger and doesn't suffer from absurd things like Ewoks

Jedi

The Return of the King is the strongest of the LOTR trilogy while Return of the Jedi is the weakest of the original Star Wars trilogy. In this case, LOTR wins.

Oddly enough, my favourite film of each series respectively, but LOTR beats Star Wars regardless. Fellowship wins.

Its hard when its the end of a trilogy against the first of the trilogy. Going to have to go Jedi but if it was against Return of The King we'd have a different story.

Return of the Jedi can't be that constrain about what it did in the moments it couldn't be that much in time ago I go with Fellowship

I just realised I commented thinking I was comparing Return of the King NOT Fellowship. Result stays the same though, LOTR wins...

Fellowship easly

Jedi may not be a better SW film too..

LOTR 1 is better..

LotR

LOTR destroys Jedi

Jedi would not win this

LOTR 1 can beat any film

FOTR

I've always liked the Star Wars series but while I enjoy Return of the Jedi, it's not one of my favorites. Fellowship is victorious here.

JEDI SHALL NOT PASS!!!!!!

Lord of the Rings is much better than Star Wars period...

Not even close baby