To Kill a Mockingbird vs. Citizen Kane

6 comments

4 comments

Picking between the two is unfair.

Damn. This is like comparing a hot brunette to a hot redhead. I have to choose, so I'll go with Citizen Kane. Since it's supposedly the greatest film ever made.

Perhaps my hatred for the novel or my youth clouded my judgment, but I recall loathing To Kill a Mockingbird when our teacher had us watch it in junior high. Citizen Kane, I too was shown by a teacher in junior high, but with quite a different result. In the same semester, that teacher showed us Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl and Finding Nemo, and Citizen Kane surprisingly did not feel a lesser film by comparison, even to a young whippersnapper such as myself, and that is saying something.

Okay. My answer has changed. To Kill a Mockingbird.

This match should simply be outlawed.

No question here. One resonates with me emotionally. The other doesn't.

The only thing better about Kane is the directing. To Kill a Mockingbird is better everywhere else.

Nothing beats To Kill a Mockingbird, but Kane sure comes close.

Based on what movie I would rather watch again, I have to go with To Kill A Mockingbird. Less boring and somewhat better acted, although Citizen Kane is the more impressive (looking) film. These are more films I admire than films I love, but they're both (near-)flawless and worth checking out.

To Kill a Mockingbird was a better watch IMO...

People call "Citizen Kane" the greatest film of all time, and it may be, but in my opinion "To Kill a Mockingbird" is far more rewatchable and emotionally powerful.

Definitely Citizen Kane

Citizen Kane was the more groundbreaking film for it's time, for all of the things it introduced. That said, To Kill a Mockingbird is the more powerful film. To Kill a Mockingbird is at the same time, the greatest Courtroom drama, while also being the greatest Coming of age film.

to kill a mockingbird is good but it aint no citizen kane!

Suprised to see Mockingbird win