The Shawshank Redemption vs. Raiders of the Lost Ark

20 comments

14 comments

Raiders of the Lost Ark for sure here, in this matchup of Flickchart favorites.

top 10 hardest decisions

As much as ove the Indiana Jones series, Shawshank Redemtion is just better.

Shawshank has a great story, but I can't say no to the sheer fimmaking bravado of Raiders. I think it's one of the most impressive technical achievements in the history of the movies. And its story is shallow, but its also a hell of a lot of fun.

Both great films, for now Im going with Shawshank

shawshank, much better then raiders.

Raiders.

Shawshank was definitely the more meaningful experience.

Wowsers....Shawshank wins an absolute tough one. Yikes...

Shawshank by a slight edge

Raiders

Raiders but very close

So tough- I love both for reasons beyond explanation but in the end, perhaps Shawshank Redemption wins for amazing story telling

I've pretty much narrowed my dislike for Shawshank down to 1) I don't like Tim Robbins and (2 Morgan Freeman's narration annoys me. The schmaltz kind of bugs me, too, but those other two reasons are the biggies. Raiders doesn't have any of those things. Though I might not mind if Freeman gave fight commentary when Indiana Jones punches Nazis.

I'll give the edge to The Shawshank Redemption.

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm switching over to Shawshank.

Shawshank wins this for sure.

Shawshank has a book as source material whilst Riders was made through sheer imagination and fun. Spielberg over Darabont here.

Shawshank

shawshank, it has to be it. Come on guys

shawshank bros

Raiders by a bit. Sure it's good but y'know

Slow-paced prison drama up against a fast-paced action adventure.

Tough choice indeed. Shawshank slighly prefered in my mind though.

Shawshank

Shawshank for me

Shawshank easily, no offence to Raiders.

First off, Raiders is incredibly entertaining. Although it was a little bit difficult to keep up with the plot, and it also had some confusing parts, it was so amazingly fun whiz of an adventure, it rushed and jumped to number one on my flickchart. As the Shawshank stands against Raiders right now, Raiders is still number one--but maybe not for long. While TSR lacks the adventure or romance or Raiders, or even the nail-biting action, it has strong person development and emotions that go along with it. With a little more realistic plot, and an easier-to-follow story, and the rest being equally entertaining and moving as Raiders, I have no choice--but to choose--The ShawShank redemption. Congratulations, Shawshank. You are now number on on my flickchart.

Raiders of the Lost Ark is far better.

Raiders is a shit,shawahank destroys it

Shawshank.... close call. Action/adventure vs development and drama.

Agreed.

Even though Raiders is an amazing movie, nothing beats Shawshank in my eyes.

These two films can not any different but, alas, they're achievements of their genres. Raiders is a better film for me, personally!

Shawshank Redemption is a masterpiece, no doubt about that. But you can't beat Speilberg's best movie

The truth is raiders of the lost ark is boring, it will entertain children. Even Kingdom of the crystal skull is more entertaining than lost ark. But on the other hand TSR entertains me with it's psychological scenes from the start i.e Andy goes to jail scene, red rejection scene, fat guy beaten and dead scene, Jake says thank you scene, tax advice scene, the sisters scene,rock hammer smuggling scene, Brooks death scene,music scene,Andy teach to rock a roll scene, killer revealing scene, get busy living scene, escape scene, it thrilled me from the start how he gonna survive from Shawshank prison. raiders of the lost ark not has this much best scenes, only think I like is hero killed a sword man with his gun, that's all. NO MOVIE CAN BEAT TSR

The truth is raiders of the lost ark is boring, it will entertain children. Even Kingdom of the crystal skull is more entertaining than lost ark. But on the other hand TSR entertains me with it's psychological scenes from the start i.e Andy goes to jail scene, red rejection scene, fat guy beaten and dead scene, Jake says thank you scene, tax advice scene, the sisters scene,rock hammer smuggling scene, Brooks death scene,music scene,Andy teach to rock a roll scene, killer revealing scene, get busy living scene, escape scene, it thrilled me from the start how he gonna survive from Shawshank prison. raiders of the lost ark not has this much best scenes, only thing I like is hero killed a sword man with his gun, that's all. NO MOVIE CAN BEAT TSR

The Shawshank Redemption absolutely owns.

The Shawshank Redemption absolutely owns.

I'm sorry I have changed my mind. I will go with The Shawshank as it gets my vote. Raiders of the Lost Ark is so unpredictable.

Shawshank Redemption is the true classic film

shawshank but both are classics