The Shawshank Redemption vs. The Matrix

20 comments

5 comments

Both movies changed my life. I'll go with Shawshank on this one.

The Shawshank Redemption. It is just a prison classic.

The Shawshank Redemption sits in my top 10, but The Matrix is just a great film that sits in my top 3.

The Matrix is so incredibly awesome, but the fact that it doesn't even sniff Shawshank says all you need to know...

Shawhank for Freeman's great performance.

Shawshank. Matrix is awesome, though.

The Shawshank Redemption. Matrix is good but it does'nt hold a candle to Shawshank.

Matrix is a great film, but Shawshank absolutely destroys it.

When the word "classic" started meaning nothing. I guess Yuen sneaks some decent ideas into The Matrix, although it's mostly as arbitrary and floaty as the rest of his later work.

When the word "classic" started meaning nothing. I guess Yuen sneaks some decent ideas into The Matrix, although it's mostly as arbitrary and floaty as the rest of his later work.

The Matrix ... bow down to Shawshank!

One of the toughest matchups I've ever come across. The Matrix is my number 6, where Shawshank is number 7. So I will let the rankings decide and say The Matrix.

The Matrix is my favorite movie of all time!

The Matrix is my favorite movie of all time!

Well I like matrix and once in a while I do check it, but come on it has nothing on shawshank.The acting in matrix is crap too.

shawshank

pffff. um... geez. i guess....shawshank?

I hate the ranking system in these matchups. Matrix has more than one win in these comments. Flickchart needs to fix this glitch. I'll take Shawshank

shawshank redemption have a better content

The Shawshank Redemption>The Matrix

ear
ear

The Matrix over any prison film. I love the Matrix.

After rewatch these two movies again, i have to admit what shawshank redemption is a forgettably movie, and matrix isn't a forgettably movie, so i go with The Matrix

If you think about it, The Matrix is also a prison movie, but this is a different kind of prison. "That you are a slave, Neo. Like everyone else you were born into bondage. Born into a prison that you cannot smell or taste or touch. A prison for your mind."

The Matrix is a classic and revolutionary no doubt, but Shawshank is just brilliant feel good storytelling.

Shawshank has better story well made acting more better than that overrated annoying dumb crap action matrix is..

Not even close...

The Shawshank Redemption.