Manos: The Hands of Fate vs. Plan 9 from Outer Space

1 comments

7 comments

The worst movies of all time (according to public opinion)? At least Plan 9 had an idea that might work in the future, so I'll vote for Ed Wood over a fertilizer salesman.

I think I've been waiting my whole life to make this decision. It's actually not that difficult, though they are probably the worst movies ever made (I think Troll 2 is in there, too). Plan 9 is much more bearable than Manos, which barely qualifies as a movie.

People who call Plan 9 from Outer Space THE worst movie ever clearly haven't seen as many garbage films as I have, of which Manos is one. (And still not THE worst! I'd have to give that honor to The Beast of Yucca Flats.)

"Plan 9" may be a disaster where cinematography is concerned, but at least Ed Wood and his cast and crew TRIED. The plot is halfway decent, and, not being his first film, Wood had enough experience to make the movie the best he could. Most importantly, it's watchable, and, in places, enjoyable, if you look past its almost-charming defects. "Manos," on the other hand, is amateurism at its absolute worst. Inadequate equipment, bad acting, a bad script - it is just totally unwatchable in so many respects. "Plan 9" is so bad it's good. "Manos" is just plain bad.

I guess I'll be the first one to say Manos. Both are bad movies, but Manos is at least interesting. The home video look, Torgo's bizarre mannerisms . Even the fact that the opening 10 minutes are devoid of any action give the whole thing a unique atmosphere. When Plan 0 fails it just feels like a really bad B-movie when Manos fails , it feels otherworldly.

Plan 9 was entertaining actually. I like it. Get a 66% fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes, and a 46% from the users. Manos is one of the 20 worst films i've seen, but it own a interesting idea at least.

Yes Plan 9 is not one of the worst films ever! ive see hundreds worse yeah the Budget was small it shows but it has a decent story! Manos is just awful!

Both are bad, but atleast Plan 9 was still entertaining

No person in his sane mind would actually like Manos. Compared to Manos, Plan 9 was a cinematic masterpiece.

I don't totally hate manos but it is terrible. Plan 9 is actually awesome and pretty inspiring to me.. Doesn't deserve being called one of the worst films