X-Men: Days of Future Past vs. Captain America: The Winter Soldier

14 comments

18 comments

I have not seen x-men DOFP yet just wondering if anyone else has and their initial thoughts

OK now I have seen it and man its going to be hard for me to decide both so awesome I think Cap will end up a little higher but I will need to see DOFP a few more times

I never thought I would say this, considering how much I loved the Winter Soldier, but I think DoFP is better! Even though I liked the action more in Winter Soldier, DoFP was more emotionally powerful than the Winter Soldier and the size and scope of the former film was unparalleled.

Both are the best films of the year so far but the edge still goes to Cap. DOFP is all about a superb story first and the action beats are all muted. Cap 2 delivers a great story AND memorable action both.

JRM
JRM

Both are great, but Days of Future Past is the best film I've seen so far this year.

Before 2014, Spider-Man 2 was my 2nd favorite Marvel movie (behind Avengers). Then Winter Soldier happened and took that spot. And now Days Of Future Past happened and took that spot. Here's to hoping Guardians Of The Galaxy takes that spot and even 1st place if it can.

Two great superhero films. Whatever is higher on my list suits me fine...

It is tough. Winter Soldier is my third favorite of the MCU, after the first Iron Man and the first Cap. Days of Future Past is easily better than every other X-Men or Wolverine movie except X2...and it might even be better than X2. I need a rewatch. That doesn't really help, though... I suppose it's DOFP for now, if only due to recency.

Who would've thought these two would be heads above every other action film for the year? Nothing else has even come close.

Captain America was good but Days of Future Past deports it

Two of the best of the very best.

Cap is still the best movie I've seen this summer...

DOFP wins out here, but two phenomenal superhero movies.

The Winter Soldier is awesome but i like Days of Future Past more becouse they fixted all the horrible things that Last Stand gave us.

OMG I have no idea

Both are terrific movies! But Cap 2 is more consistent. DoFP had a few too many things going on.

Days of Future Past has a great story AND great action. Winter Soldier has a solid story, but the action is filmed very poorly. That goddamn shaky cam! X-Men crushes Cap.

As far as Marvel superhero films are concerned this year, for me it's X-Men: DOFP > Guardians of the Galaxy > Captain America: The Winter Soldier >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> [...] >>> The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

These are STILL the best two blockbusters of the year to date...

So hard to choose, and just so happy to have both these great movies in my "seen" list. I think I'll go with DoFP because I like the characters better. I've always been more of a fan of X-Men than SHIELD/Avengers/Cap (in the comics, I mean) and they were all handled so well in DoFP. Great performances too.

days of future past barely

I think Days of Future Past is the Best Comic Book film of 2014 by far.

X-Men: Days of Future Past is REALLY good, but ultimately the edge goes to "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" for being more grounded in the good way

Captain America

X-Men: Days of Future Past

Days Of Future Past, easily

Are these two of the top 20 films ever made? Why yes, they are indeed.

Super Heros > Mutants

Superior sequels. This is how you do it.

Both are fantastic but days of future past gripped me more and it had fantastic thrilling sci-fi action with great character moments.

Both are best of Marvel, but I’m picking Up Winter Soldier here.

Definitely going with X-Men on this one, Winter Soldier was great, but nothing beats DOFP’s ending.

The Winter Soldier is slightly better than Days of Future Past

best CBMs of 2014. DOFP by a hair

Two great comic book movies that certainly beat out the other two misfires that year

Cap. It was more enjoyable from beginning to end. DOFP was good but there were a few parts that either dragged or were quickly handled