Captain America: The Winter Soldier vs. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

14 comments

5 comments

Dawn

Cap is still the movie of the year.

Dawn was an absolutely sensational film! The best thing about it... no stupid, pointless comedy moments. No "cute" references to previous Apes installments, no stale pop culture references like calling Koba "Scarface/Al Pacino" or other such nonsense. No Wink, wink, nudge, nudge crap. The closest thing to brevity seen throughout the film is "The Weight" playing at a 7/11 It took an admittedly absurd concept, grounded it, and made it work by giving the story and characters the proper amount of seriousness they warranted, and was all the better for it. One of the best post-Nolan Batman films to truly get it right!

Two of the best of the year with Winter Soldier being more thrilling. Both are the definition of captivating.

Also my two favorites of the year....and right now, it's Cap.

I havent seen the 2nd Cap yet but im sure its better than a crappy ape movie. the first 20 minutes felt like a fricken silent movie with apes making noises. I felt like a kid again when I had my stuffed animals talking to eachother

I'm leaning towards Winter Soldier.

some truly great moments in dawn but it's not better then the movie based on my favorite comic book story of all time.

Cap 2 was fun. I enjoyed it through out out but Apes 2 I had fun, I felt for the characters, I was impressed with every choice they made. Cap 2 is a fun summer blockbuster but Apes 2 I think will be considered a classic in the future.

Nooooooooooooo

Cap 2, without the slightest hesitation.

Apes for me

Dawn for it's humanity. Though Winter Soldier is fantastic.

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is better.

These are possibly the two most overrated blockbusters of all time. They're both pretentious, bland, and extremely generic. Dawn's got good special effects so... that one.

JP32. I agree with how Dawn was just absolute crap (and it meant nothing but setup after watching War). Winter Soldier still did enough right to be decent though so I guess that’s the winner of this matchup!

Winter Soldier could very well be the best comic book sequel ever made. Dawn was a Yawn for me.

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes..

Captain America has the best trilogy of all-time in his pocket. As much as I enjoyed Apes on horses, looking back now it's not even close.

Captain America has the best trilogy of all-time in his pocket. As much as I enjoyed Apes on horses, looking back now it's not even close.

As much as I like Winter Soldier, Dawn is much better and easily the better trilogy