Die Hard vs. The Dark Knight

21 comments

34 comments

Dark Knight = ONE of the best action movies ever.......Die Hard = THE BEST action movie ever

Die. Hard. Wins.

Die Hard Wins!

With all due respect to the immortal John McClane...The Dark Knight is #2 on my Flickchart. This is no contest.

I finally got around to watching Die Hard about a week ago. Meh.

"Meh?" "MEH?" Um...to DIE HARD? Wow. ;-)

Die Hard wins

Yes. MEH! How about, 'It's not my bag, baby' ?

ear
ear

Nolan's direction and vision carries the day with a lot of help from Heath Ledger.

@kingbee: Shaking my head (though you have made the right choice on this particular matchup). ;-)

Die Hard is much more simple. One Man, one building, one bad evening. That´s all. This makes it even more awesome.

JRM
JRM

Die Hard is incredible. An action movie done right from start to finish. But The Dark Knight is more than that.

The Dark Knight was a nice action flick, but one with problems. Huge problems. Still think it's kind of overrated here on Flickchart (and the rest of the world). Die Hard is nothing more than good fun, but a lot of good fun.

Die Hard wins. Gotts ta agree with the dewd above me. For all its brilliant moments TDK has some strangely obtuse errors.

Die Hard beats the hell out of The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight is the most overrated movie in the last 10 years.

Die Hard is just THE prototypical action movie. TDK is fantastic, but it just doesn't top John McClain...

don't make me choose

Die Hard, but by an inch. The Dark Knight is a continuous, non-stop chase, but Die Hard has it's very well chosen calm before the storm moments, wich, as far as i'm concerned, at the end prove devisive. Loved the Joker, but loved the John Mclane/ Hans Gruber duo even more.

TDK, if only due to the fact that it didn't have the traditional "guy gets the girl in the end" with a Christmas song playing in the background. It feels more like a Shakespearean tragedy. Die hard is fun, but fun doesn't always equal better.

I'm going with Dark Knight, but only by a hair.

Dark Knight

this is an easy one for me DIE HARD

I wonder what SquareMaster thought of the ending of The Dark Knight Rises :D

The Dark Knight is an amazing movie even though everyone thinks its overated. Die Hard is good but non stop action movies with some cool catchphrases arent my cup of tea.

The Dark Knight quite easily crushes Die Hard. I loved Die Hard and it is an action classic but the Dark Knight is much better, even though it is now heavily overrated...Both amazing films but Dark Knight is the Dark Knight, If Hans Gruber had the Joker as a terrorist for his team, McClane would be no more!

John McLean manhandles Bruce Wayne.

The Dark Knight without hesitation.

2 of the greatest action films of all time, gotta go with The Dark Knight though.

Sorry McClane but The Dark Knight is too great.

Dark Knight

Die Hard by a mile, no make that 2 miles

Die Hard.

die hard IS a better action movie, but that doesn't mean I like it better than Dark Knight

die hard is the amazing but I'm to big of a batman fan to not give it to TDK.

Die Hard is absolutely amazing. BUT, I'm going to have to go with The Dark Knight. Everything about that film was PERFECT. Both are classics though.

Oh come on how can I not pick Die Hard over The Dark Knight which is still a great film but it will not beat Die Hard in my book.

I meant Die Hard wins

Love both, but gotta go with TDK.

1988's Die Hard Is One Of My Favorite Films And 2008's The Dark Knight Is My Second Favorite Film Of All Time.

Die Hard is great but it's no match for The Dark Knight.

Die hard

The Dark Knight is cool and all but can not compete with Die Hard.

Both are in my top 10, but dark knight is the winner

I cant decide.

King Bee saw Die Hard too late. It's all good, I think Star Wars is Meh. But yeah Die Hard is number 4 on my list. Dark Knight is 14

Die Hard.

Die Hard its one of the best action movie ever made, the Dark Knight is good but its overrated die hard wins this matchup.

Die Hard for the easy win.

Close but have to side with dark knight.Both are hugely rewatchable though

Heath Ledger takes it home

Tough call because both re great. Easy 4 star movies on the cable guide.

Tough call because both are great. Easy 4 star movies on the cable guide.

Tough call because both re great. Easy 4 star movies on the cable guide.

Die Hard for me, it just get's better every time I see it

die hard is just good. The dark knight=masterpiece.

This is a very close one as both are the greatest action movies of all time, but on that note Die Hard gets a slight edge for tighter story and less speeches (sure, the speeches and dialogue in Dark Knight are great, but an action movie should put more emphasis on the action)

I've seen Die Hard on Netflix at home and then in the theaters for a special event. It never blew me away. Dark Knight hasn't either and has suffered from each subsequent rewatch. I'm not high on either, but The Dark Knight takes it.

I think Dark Knight is better movie overall but I am going with Die Hard

Both are good action films, but Dark Knight easily takes this one.

Love both. I'm honeslty not sure so I feel it's appropriate that I allow my chart to decide...

The dark knight beats John McClain on this one.

The Dark Knight and it's not even close, not even Die Hard 2 would stand a chance.

Die hard is a revolutionary action movie but Dark Knight is many levels better. DK by a landslide

Die hard is a good ground breaking action movie but Dark Knight is many levels ahead on every level. Dark Knight by a ton.