Die Hard vs. Dog Day Afternoon

5 comments

5 comments

John McClane wins a close one.

Dog Day Afternoon is far better than Die Hard. Most importantly, Dog Day is not loaded with contrived characters who act stupidly for no good reason. Just about every non-villain character aside from McClane is obnoxiously stupid. Dog Day has much more believable and relatable characters. Pacino manages to pull off a sympathetic performance despite having to portray a bumbling, unbalanced criminal. Die Hard is just loud and tedious.

I enjoyed Die Hard quite a bit, but Dog Day Afternoon blew me away.

Die Hard....and not close.

Dog Day maybe

Die Hard is a movie I could watch daily for the rest of my life and be a very happy movie watcher, but Dog Day Afternoon is one of the most amazing films ever made and is one of Al Pacino's great performances. Dog Day is the better film, even though Die Hard is more entertaining.

Both are great but I find myself watching Die Hard more often

Action heist vs. comedy heist. Good matchup. Let me get back with you on an answer.

Die Hard.

Ive only seen Dog Day once in its entirety and it’s already in my top 45 and above Die Hard! Die Hard is the quintessential action movie and I find it insanely rewatchable but in terms of plot, characters, dialogue, themes and how gripping I found it overall; Dog Day Afternoon!