The Hunger Games vs. X-Men: First Class

3 comments

2 comments

I hate Jennifer Lawrence. I hate her most passionately. Why? Because her shitty interpretation of Mystique (one of the more unabashedly badass characters to stem from the most unabashedly badass franchise). Maybe that version of Mystique is not her fault. Maybe the guilt should be spread around. I dunno, but her face is the one I see and it enrages me. The Hunger Games is a bad film. First Class is almost an excellent film. You know what's interesting though? Both Jennifer Lawrence characters start these movies by openly denigrating an irritating catchphrase that the movies then proceed to endorse and rape your ears with, again and again. That's damn dumb film-making, when you're able to notice pure crap, but decide to lace your film with it all the same. Of cuorse in the case of The Hunger Games, the movie's not so much laced with crap as it is carved from it.

Her performance in Winter's Bone was pretty good. Still hate her.

I love both of these movies. But I have to go with The Hunger Games...Jennifer Lawrence is much better in THG.

Jennifer Lawrence is better in THG....but First Class is a much better movie from top to bottom....

First Class

If you hate Jennifer Lawrence, then you obviously dont know good acting and a rising star. I dont think you have a good reason at all not to like her, you just want to not like someone. Think about it kid As for the match up, First Class is the best X Men but the Hunger Games, although not as good as Catching Fire, is a superior movie

Jennifer Lawrence did really suck in X-Men: First Class, although I consider it an anomaly. She's perfectly fine in The Hunger Games, which is the better movie in this matchup.

Both are entertaining but I found X-Men to have more depth. And yes, I thought Jennifer Lawrence was great in both roles.