Miller's Crossing vs. Barton Fink

8 comments

11 comments

The two most underrated Coen films. Both equally as good as Fargo. Looking at his performances here and in the Big Lebowski, it's hard to believe that John Turturro isn't the most celebrated actor alive. Somebody give that man a fucking medal.

ear
ear

Miller's Crossing was the more compelling view.

Amazing amazing pairing from the Coens. These two films alone could qualify them as two of the greatest filmmakers of all time. Miller's Crossing wins but only by a hair.

Two great reasons why John Turturro is one of the most underrated actors of all time.

Definitely agree with Ufhamlet.

Both are somewhat overlooked, but Barton Fink is quite a bit better than Miller's Crossing, I think.

Classic early 90s Coens...both are fantastic but Barton Fink is tied with Fargo and No Country as my favorite.

Barton Fink, definitely. Miller's Crossing was good, and there honestly is little wrong with it, but for a Coens film it surprisingly left me somewhat cold. It does have its moments of brilliance, but I had a strong feeling of "...why should I care again?" throughout. It never hooked me like most other Coen films did. Then again, I don't think it was boring or anything; at most I thought it was just confusing. But the performances were good, and so was the directing. But in my eyes it pales by comparison with other Coen films. Including Barton Fink, which is a masterpiece.

Both amazing movies. I just find the subject matter and style of Miller's Crossing more interesting.

Two great coen brothers films but Barton Fink is superior

Two solid efforts from the Coen's. I'll take Barton Fink.

Barton is the better of the two. Steve Buscemi cameos in both, so that's good. You can never have enough Buscemi.

Barton is the better of the two. Steve Buscemi cameos in both, so that's good. You can never have enough Buscemi.

Miller's Crossing is the more consistent film, Fink the more iconic and clever.

Miller's Crossing is a beautifully made film, but I was never emotionally invested in any of the characters or the movie. Barton Fink had me intensely captivated throughout. The better film is MC. The more enjoyable is BF.

Barton Fink is overrated and pretentious, Miller's Crossing hands down

I really wanted to like Barton Fink, but I was underwhelmed by it. Not the case with Miller's Crossing, which is still in my top 5 Coens.

ear
ear

Two of my least favorite Coen films with a nod towards Killers Crossing.

ear
ear

Two of my least favorite Coen films with a nod towards Miller's Crossing.

I'll go with Fink...but I didn't love either...