Shutter Island vs. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

0 comments

16 comments

I love this match up this would make a really good double feature. I thought Shutter Island was really good but I have to go with Jack and the Cuckoo's nest here

This is a great combination of movies. Cuckoo's Nest has stood the test of time, and is better overall.

These two movies are basically inversions of each other. Shutter is good, but Cuckoo is superior

Fun matchup, nice common ground these two have. This makes them perfect to compare. But the clear winner is the 75 classic! By quite some distance I might add.

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest for me as well, although I do enjoy Shutter Island a lot as well. I think Shutter Island is a little underrated I think.

(I wish we had an edit function...sigh)

Without a doubt One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. Shutter Island is a really depressing movie and the soundtrack is pretty horrifying. Jack Nicholson is more superb than Leonardo Di Caprio as a lead actor and he really did deserve his accolades.

I agree that Shutter Island is underrated, but this is an easy choice.

Shutter Island

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. I recently re-watched it and realized it's a cinematic masterpiece. From the ending, to Nicholson's unsettling performance as the disturbed mental patient, everything in the film works. Shutter Island is fantastic, but it really doesn't compare.

One Flew.

Shutter Island cannot top the brilliant story of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

Both films are fantastic, but I'm going with the more powerful film, Cuckoo's Nest.

Well this is quite one-sided...

Oh, I guess I'm alone.

One Flew is a great drama and also more thought-provoking with more ideas. I liked Shutter Island but this easy.

Shutter Island