Fist of Fury vs. Enter the Dragon

1 comments

4 comments

Enter the Dragon.

No contest. One is basically the blueprint for no-frills, no-apology revenge films, the other throws in a jivin' afro guy, a white guy who likes golf, and has Bruce sneaking around like second rate James Bond for what feels like forever. (I like them both, but when you match them up I can't waffle.)

I can understand preferring Fist of Fury over ETD. I don't agree of course, because ETD is essentially tied for the greatest film ever made while Fist of Fury is merely Top 50. However, having gone through half a Bond season in the space of a fortnight I can safely say that Bruce doesn't come across as a second rate Bond because Bond himself was mostly a second (or third or fourth) rate Bond. Anyway, Bruce Lee didn't become Bruce 'Maximum Human' Lee until ETD. Sure he was physically stunning in Fist and moreso in Way, but in ETD...? Damn, he's somethin' else.

Both are great. I think all 4 of his films are fantastic. Enter the Dragon wins.

Both are great. The dojo scene in FoF remains my favorite fight scene of all time, but EtD had many great fight scenes and put Bruce and martial arts movies on the world stage; I never would have discovered FoF without EtD. Also, EtD has Angela Mao.