The Matrix vs. American History X

10 comments

7 comments

I'm very much indifferent towards The Matrix and its cult. It's still more interesting than American History X, though.

I remember there was a strange cheapness about AHX. The basketball scene was shot like a Nike ad. Dramatically it was about as subtle as a puppy lost in the rain. Edward Norton gets the racism prison-raped out of him, and suddenly he's "enlightened"? On what planet does that happen? If a movie about ~*~*important, controversial things~*~*~ can't afford any moral ambiguity or dimension for fear of being misconstrued, it probably shouldn't be made.

UncleFok's problems with American History X mirror my own. I'm okay with "message" movies as long as they're done with some intelligence, subtlety and grace. American History X did none of the above. The Matrix wins this all day long.

Uncle Fok has been reading too many user comments on Rotten Tomatoes.

Yeah, take a look at my profile and see how much I stick to the internet's consensus of worthwhile cinema *eyeroll*

Definitely the Matrix. Good question but Matrix is mindblowing in every way.

The Matrix. And this is no contest.

I guess my opinion of AMX is a bit different, but that's ok. Still like the Matrix though.

Matrix, yah.

Matrix. I'm not sure if this will ever change. But there is a slight chance.

American History X, it’s a great story of redemption and had a big emotional impact.

Love both, but I love The Matrix more.

American History X is just better.

Wow this is the third movie that I've read about how much better Matrix is vs it's opponent. History X is amazing filmmaking. It wins this.

Both amazing , but matrix wins here.

I did not like The Matrix Because there are a large number of religious symbols of Christianity and Judaism, as well as the existence of political symbols in the movie,and The Matrix was complex enough to re-watch it many times,So American History is much better than The Matrix's Stilted Bullshit for me

Gotta go with the One that has Neo...Neo-Nazis that is. Gotcha!

AHX it is...

ear
ear

The Matrix wins this barely.

I don’t really like either...