The Matrix vs. Children of Men

11 comments

8 comments

How am I supposed to compare The Matrix and Children of Men. Both totally awesome, both two of my favorite movies.

Both are fantastic movies. Both are great stories, and both actually really astounded me from a technical standpoint, as well. Children of Men, however, touched me in a way that The Matrix never did.

i'm stuck on this one.

JRM
JRM

Children.

I liked the style of Children of Men more than The Matrix, but the story and characters didn't matter much to me. I've haven't watched The Matrix in a long time, though, and I wouldn't be surprised if my opinion of it has diminished. I guess I'll go with The Matrix, at least until I get around to a proper re-evaluation.

Both are really, but I don't think I could watch Matrix again... At least for some time.

Close call, But Children of Men takes the prize.

JRM
JRM

Wow. My opinions of these two has drastically changed. Matrix has climbed up and up on my Flickchart. Children of Men has sort of stayed put.

I watched Children of Men in theaters and found the feature-length epileptic fit the cameraman seemed to be having to be near vomit-inducing (literally, I had to look away from the screen for about 30 sec. a couple of times because I was feeling sea-sick). While this lent itself well to the Gears of War-style battle sequences, it makes for HORRIBLE camerawork when it's just two characters talking to each other, which happens to be most of the movie. I dunno, maybe it works better on the small screen, but since I actually saw both of these in theater...Matrix by a mile.

ear
ear

Matrix is still the bomb. An amazing film. Children of Men has grown on me. I liked some of the camera work. It was very exhilarating.

Both films do amazing things with cinematography and special effects, but Children of Men is more haunting.

Children of Men has almost everything you could ask for in a movie. But still classics are classics. The Matrix wins.

I can feel my brain exploding on this one...argh!

Both these films are very dark, and I wouldn't watch them too many times, but I think I enjoyed Children of Men more.

Children of Men is better

The Matrix Easy

I prefer Children of Men. I was blown away by the filmmaking presented in that movie.

Two very marketable films with great concepts. The Matrix is just too ahead in my list for Children of Men to beat it here.

Children of Men wins this one rather easily. Both are fantastic films though.