Iron Man 2 vs. Scott Pilgrim vs. the World

2 comments

5 comments

Iron man 2 get's K.O.d sadly.

No contest. Scott Pilgrim takes it.

Iron Man 2 was a pale reflection of the first film, but as dazzling and original as the visuals were in Scott Pilgrim -- it was ultimately a love story where I couldn't care less about the main characters. It just felt soulless. In Iron Man 2, at least I cared about the characters.

Iron Man 2 was just an Avengers movie prequel. Scott Pilgrim was an epic of epic epicness. SP wins!

SPvTW is by turns frenetically inventive and quietly underplayed. The band battles are perhaps the best job of bringing a comic-book's visual shorthand to a film screen. Iron Man is OK but is hamstrung by needing to set so much up for the next installment, and unfortunatly came up short in exploring Starks alcoholism, etc. SP FTW!

I'm not sure if Scott Pilgrim is the best movie of the year, but it was absolutely the most fun I had in a theater this year (so far). All of it worked for me: the frenetic pace, the over-the-top visuals contrasting with Michael Cera's understated humor, the love story, all of it. Iron Man 2 felt like Jon Favreau's victory lap for an enjoyable-but-overrated 1st film, and was immediately forgettable. So yeah, not even close. Flawless victory!

SP wins easily. Simply a more complete movie.

JRM
JRM

Scott Pilgrim. Easily.

Echo, echo, cho, cho, o.

idk, i feel like iron man 2 wasn't that bad after the rewatch but i still feel like scott is the most overrated movie of 2010