Children of Men vs. Blade Runner

9 comments

7 comments

Blade Runner was made more than 2 decades ago than Children of Men, still Blade Runner wins.

Great, great, great matchup. I chose Bladerunner.

I don't like either setting, but Children of Men is still a pretty good film despite its overly dark atmosphere. Don't know about Blade Runner, though. When I watched it some years ago, I was totally unimpressed and, in fact, quite bored. I like Harrison Ford, but even he couldn't save this movie for me.

ear
ear

Children of Men has an interesting concept and some riveting dramatic scenes. Blade Runner delivers some punch but is less involving than Children of Men.

Children of Men, anyday!

Blade Runner is the better movie. Its themes are more complex and vivid and the art direction is peerless. Children of Men is certainly the more visceral movie and has some truly brilliant moments. But it ultimately becomes a somewhat rushed 'chase movie'. I also recall the score being far too obtrusive; so much so that it ruined two poignant scenes (after the first major death and during the baby's crying sequence, respectively). BR's score, on the other hand, is simply a marvel... CoM actually had the potential to rival or even eclipse BR and become the more relevant sci-fi film for the 21st century, but the screenplay fell short by not allowing the story more breathing room and the aforementioned musical score issues. Good matchup, though.

Children of Men is awesome. Blade Runner is very overrated to me

Children of Men for sure.

Blade Runner, it's the greatest Sci-fi movie of all time, both are great though

Children of Men had actual characters. I didn't hate Blade Runner, but man was it style of substance. It looked nice, but why should I care about anything that happens in it?

Style over substance*

Children of Men for me...but I'll be the first to say that I don't love Blade Runner...

Blade Runner is a superb sci-fi film, but Children of Men has a more satisfying plot for me.

Interesting matchup for sure. I'm more of a Blade Runner kinda guy.

Tough one for me, but Blade Runner wins.

Hands down Blade Runner