Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone vs. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

2 comments

7 comments

I thought Sorcerer's Stone was a less than great way to start off the movie adaptations. P of A is still my favorite of the series.

ear
ear

Azkaban is the best in the Series!

I've only seen the first four Potter movies, and I read the first book after seeing them. I was startled at how faithful the first movie was to the book; literally almost the entire text is contained in the film. This obviously became impossible to continue as the series went on and the books got longer. Anyway, I was literally startled by how much better Azkaban was than the first two films. The increase in quality from Columbus to Cuaròn was amazing. Goblet of Fire came close to matching it, for me, but Azkaban is quite easily my favorite of the first four Potter films. (It helps that I'm a sucker for time travel stories.)

I have enjoyed all the Harry Potter movies but Prisoner of Azkaban was the first one that I respected as a film.

Much credit has to be given to the tremendous work done to establish the wizarding universe in Philosopher's Stone. But Prisoner of Azkaban is a more mature work in nearly every way, and a much more enjoyable choice for a movie night.

JRM
JRM

The books are all far better than their movie adaptions (ESPECIALLY the later movies; the books are over 700 pages, so, needless to say, they left out a LOT in the movies). But Azkaban came close to the greatness of the novel.

I used to like the first better but I recently have switched my opinion on this matchup.

The first one

My #1 vs #3 from harry franchise. Ok poa is the better one

Despite both are shity movies, then Prisoner of Azkaban is much less awful and boring than Philosopher's Stone.

Prisoner of Azkaban is trillion times better. Prisoner of Azkaban has much better music and far better acting.

It’s tough, but gotta give it to Prisoner of Azkaban.

Philosopher's Stone is good, but dosen't stand a chance against Prisoner. Prisoner of Azkaban and Goblet of Fire will always be the best Harry Potter movies ever.