Up vs. The Dark Knight

4 comments

5 comments

What to do!

"What to do?" Really?

I've read arguments that both these films run off the rails in the final act. I don't buy it, personally; I love them both all the way through. But Up does blow it's load in the first ten minutes; that opening montage is pure filmmaking magic. And the best stuff in TDK is in the middle; most specifically, the interrogation scene. I love both of these movies very, very much. Up touched me in a way that few films have, but I just LIKE The Dark Knight better. I seem to use that argument a lot when I'm talking about that movie; perhaps it's just something intangible that I haven't really put my finger on yet...

The Dark Knight. It had a bigger impact on the year it was released and it truly did deserve the Best Picture win if not that than the nomination.

Even though I'm not a Marvel fan at all, I'm going with The Dark Knight here. Up was a tad bit disappointing for a Pixar, even more so after the masterpiece that Wall-E was.

I think RB meant to say DC, but I agree with the rest of his comment. Up, IMHO, really is overrated (not bad, just overrated).

TDK. Up is a movie that I actually like less with each viewing...

Up by just a wee little bit.

up is the better film

Up has an incredible first ten minutes and simply great rest. TDK is awesome throughout.