Titanic vs. Inception

1 comments

10 comments

I'm sorta surprised that this doesn't have any comments. Two extremely popular blockbusters- one a romantic epic, the other a mind-bending action movie, both starring Leonardo DiCaprio, oddly enough. Anyway, I think Inception gets my vote. The second half of Titanic is excellent and the ship-sinking is just amazing cinema, but much of the dialogue is flat (Written by Jim Cameron, what a surprise!) and some of the acting is weak. Inception is an all-around solid film that I think people will still be talking about in 25 years.

I actually think Titanic loses its momentum in the second half and the ship-sinking, while visually great, was chocked full of moments of melodramatic silliness (save the little boy, Leo!). Now, Inception was a film with a great second half. Oh, and its first half isn't too shabby either. It wins.

Dont really like either tbh there both kinda boring both are visually stunning and have good stories. I just dont like them as much as other people do. I will pick Inception over Titanic everyday of the week.

INCEPTION!

I love Titanic, but this matchup is all about Inception.

Titanic is like 3+ hours long. That's not immediately damning, but I feel if you're going to keep me in a theater that long you better have something interesting to say. Unfortunately Titanic does not. Inception on the other hand is shorter but is compelling throughout.

INCEPTION!

never thought Titanic would get its ass kicked in a match up cause its always been in my top 20 its epic but Inception was smart and took effects and visuals to a whole new level.

Uhhhh, the one that isn't a soap opera? Old Leonardo with actual acting talent beats Young cunt Leonardo teen girl idol any day of the week. Inception actually has writing in it, while Titanic is a predictable, tedious, boring piece of shit romance. Acting, story, dialogue, characters, writing and depth; all things the cheesy Titanic fails at miserably. The only redeeming quality of Titanic is the visuals of the ship sinking scene but that isn't even half as good as the anti-gravity fight. And I don't mean to shit on James Cameron, he was marvelous to make this film as it's very ambitious, but the amount of hype this giant turd gets is unbelievable. Inception by an infinite amount as its a hundred times better in every way.

ear
ear

Loved Titanic but Inception wins this.

Inception is my favorite Leonardo DiCaprio movie