Adventureland vs. Zombieland

2 comments

5 comments

Two themepark centric films that end in -land and star Jesse Eisenberg! What a tough pick....

Haha, inevitable matchup! To be honest, I wasn't a big fan of ADVENTURE-BLAND. In fact, not only was Jesse Eisenberg more tolerable in ZOMBIELAND, but I thought ZOMBIELAND was more poignant, more honest and a helluva lot funnier. ADVENTUREBLAND was just frighteningly inauthentic, and the ending was a total lie -- an autobiographical movie ceases to be autobiographical when you rewrite the ending and make it so that you bone Kristen Stewart. That's not autobiography, that's a fantasy film. It's like ALMOST FAMOUS for '80s just, and even more shallow.

While Adventureland was worth a look, it left me without any strong feelings toward it either way. Zombieland on the other hand blew me away. It was such a fun movie to watch, a sure to be classic.

I don't know what everybody's on Adventureland was great, easily in my top 10 of 2009

man think zombieland just barely gets the win

I hate the Twilight films but I like Kristen Stewart in some of her other stuff. Like Into The Wild and Adventureland. Adventureland wins this matchup for me.

Zombie is the far superior 2009 Eisenberg film ending in land