Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 vs. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

3 comments

9 comments

I'll have to see Deathly Hallows: Part 1 a few more times before I really know for sure, but right now I'd put it above Prisoner of Azkaban.

JRM
JRM

Hands-down the two best Harry Potter movies. The question is, which is better? Although it feels like it's all build up to the epic conclusion of the Harry Potter saga (which it pretty much is), Deathly Hallows, Part 1 was done with much respect and care to its source material and was great enough for me to rate it above the terrific Prisoner of Azkaban.

this is hard. Part 1 is great, but it just dosen't feel like a complete film (maybe because it's a part 1). and yet, it's better.

I've bounced back and forth about this one, and the two films are ranked right next to each other on my chart. PoA probably has the most unique atmosphere and style of all the movies, but there are a couple OTT moments from Radcliffe. DH1 was terrifically moody, and emotionally the most mature of the movies. Plus, I think it was the best adaptation out of all of them, although obviously there were some things that got left out (and some catching up that had to be done because of omissions from previous movies, come to think of it). Going with DH1 for now, but regardless, these are definitely my favorite Potter flicks -- and yes, that includes DH2.

If you watch all of these films on television and check the info, Prisoner of Azkaban is the only Potter film to receive 4 stars. They picked for you.

@Fiction_Fox Never let anyone pick for you. That being said, I choose POA, which is, in my opinion, the second best Harry Potter film- behind Deathly Hallows Part 2.

Loved Prisoner Of Azkaban, and Deathly Hallows 1 is my least fav Potter film so this one was easy for me

Deathly Hallows is an underrated Potter film, while Prisoner of Azkaban is sort of overrated (to me, at least) in that people say it's the best Potter film but I disagree. Still, PoA wins.

The dancing in the tent scene elevates HP7 above the other Potter movies, IMO.

For even about part 1 could it haved the loney enongh of some clues to due

I hate both these movies, i refuse to treat this franchise as more than 1 entity. The movies are unwatchable now, god why!

Slightly I pick Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

Azakaban is better

POA is pure nostalgia. Deathly Hallows (Parts 1 & 2) are a bit uneven in tone.

Prisoner is one of the more overrated Potter films. Deathly Hallows Part 1 is underrated. Still, I love both, but I think I just prefer Deathly Hallows (imo)

Prisoner of Azkaban is million times better. Prisoner of Azkaban has much better music and far better acting. Deathly Hallows part 1 is one of the worst and most terrible movies ever made.