Gravity vs. Argo

5 comments

4 comments

This is a hard choice for me, I found both of these movies so intense and gripping that picking one of the other is difficult.

Gravity just edges out Argo...

Pretty close. I liked both a lot, but neither is my favourite film of their respective year by a long stretch. I think I found Argo more compelling as a highly-strung thriller, whereas Gravity's stunning effects could not save a pretty wonky script in my eyes. That said, Argo had its fair share of moments which stretched my suspension of disbelief in terms of what was said and done. I need to watch both again at some point, but for now, I'll give this one to Argo.

^ Dis guy right here.

Gravity.

Gravity prevails.

Yeah, neither of these two were the best films of their respective years. Argo is a very good thriller which is well directed and executed, but the film didn't leave the hugest impression on me and was not completely deserving of winning Best Picture. Gravity does have a bit of issue with its writing, however I can't help but fall for the film's stunning technical aspects and maybe the reason why I liked it so much was for the enhancement of the big screen experience which was breathtaking. Anyway, Gravity is the winner here by a comfortable margin.

Gravity moved me more.

Argo wins quite easily for me. Gravity's weak script brings it down.

To me Gravity takes a fairly easy win. I mean Argo was great and all but not as great as Gravity...