Black Swan vs. Valhalla Rising

4 comments

0 comments

*ouch* Really tough one. I guess it would be easier if Mikkelsen had been dancing for Refn... I really can't decide, so I guess I'm gonna stab myself to death amongst some orange bearded men... or let Valhalla Rising win for this convincing fair-haired child... or Black Swan ? Argh... I'm withdrawing to my New Jerusalem.

For me, even if Black Swan was three hours of Natalie Portman (who I don't even like that much) expressing her battle with sexual repression through interpretive ballet set to avant-garde jazz, it would still be more entertaining than Valhalla Rising.

Both these films are crazy, black swan in an ott way and valhalla in a kind of meditative way (if that makes sense??) mikkelsen has charisma to burn but I loved aronovsky's madness more....

Valhalla Rising is possibly the Worst. Film. EVER.

Ick. Two stinkers. "Valhalla" had a couple shots that should be mounted on walls in art museums but good God was it boring. "Black Swan" is tremendously overrated, but even with Cassel's awful performance, I can't call it a worse film than "Valhalla." Too bad, too. Mikkelsen's a force to be reckoned with usually.

The fact that you consider Black Swan a "stinker" is ridiculous.