Godzilla vs. Godzilla Resurgence

1 comments

6 comments

Wow! I thought Godzilla's going to do something to Toho or other Japanese monster movies.

American Godzillas are 0-2. Suckage.

If Godzilla Resurgence's coming out here in the US or anywhere else, there's not much time to promote it unless we get a very delayed release. But apparently, from what I've heard, it's been picked up by a new company Funimation Films after distributing Attack on Titan live-action films. According to a website post, they're gonna get a US release date in late 2016. In September, I also heard was that it's gonna get released in October for a limited theatrical event. Now, it's getting a DVD and Blu-ray release in March of 2017. Hopefully, that's after a theatrical release. But right now, as it stands at its best, it's coming to DVD and Blu-ray on March 22nd. Yeah, DVD and Blu-ray.

As a lifetime fan of Godzilla, I thought 2014 took a while to build, but was ultimately a satisfying payoff. There was a nobility to the Big Guy, and seeing a realistic portrayal of his physical abilities was awesome. Shin Godzilla seemed like Toho was trying to hard. He was certainly huge, and his powers were almost ridiculous, but it didn't feel like Godzilla to me. It felt more like the monster that Godzilla would have to take down at the end of the movie. I'll take 2014 in this matchup.

What ever happened to Godzuki?

Resurgence is worse than King of the Monsters but better than the first one

Shin Godzilla is the best film in the franchise since the original. Nothing in the Monsterverse can top it.

Resurgence was that better!

Resurgence is not only much better than 2014, it's also better than the original by a decent margin. The best movie of 2016 IMO and the best movie of the 2010s after Interstellar and Inception