The Amazing Spider-Man 2 vs. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

1 comments

12 comments

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes any day of the week. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is an abysmal attempt at portraying the Spider-Man franchise.

I know it's not the popular opinion but I liked The Amazing Spider-Man 2 more.

I liked TASM2 as well, had a lot more unadulterated fun watching it than any of the Sam Raimi films, but I'll concede that it is a very problematic film script and character arc-wise. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes wasn't quite as "fun", being a bit more slow-burning than I was expecting, but it's still a damn fine film, competently made, better than I was expecting from Matt Reeves (I did not particularly like Cloverfield after the first viewing, even though the same problem there is also a problem in Dawn; bland/annoying human characters) and a solid sequel to an already solid rebooted franchise. TASM2 was on my top 5 of the year so far (as of June 2014, half way through), but if more films at the standard of Dawn are released, it will slip off pretty quickly. Dawn wins.

My favorite movie of the summer vs my least. Even if DOTPOTA wasn't my absolute favorite of the summer i'd pick it over TASM2.

Amazing Spider-Man 2 was a mess, but still pretty good. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is one of the best of the year.

TASM 2 was a pretty terrible sequel to an already mediocre-at-best film. I was very disappointed by DOTPOTA, but I guess I can still say I liked it. Easy win for Apes.

I say DOTPOTA, because it's a incerdiblty squeal I seen it, but ASM2, wasn't in my good experice.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 felt too crowded, both in terms of storylines and characters. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes was more cohesive for my tastes, and Koba alone was a stronger villain than the ones in The Amazing Spider-Man 2 combined.

TASM 2 is such an atrocity. DotPotA is infinitely more competent .

Okay, I agree, they look awesome to us, don't they?

I would rate dawn of the apes a ten and that other one shit

What the f**k is going on. What kind of match up is this. Are there actually people that like the amazing spiderman 2. Are you f**king kidding me. Dawn of the planet of the apes is my favorite movie but spiderman doesn't appear until like 400. What the f**k.

Dawn is a far superior movie