Home Alone 2: Lost in New York vs. Home Alone

3 comments

20 comments

on 12/31/2009

This made me lol. Love both movies, but the first one is better.

on 1/14/2010

Oh, wow. I love them both. I'd say that, overall, the two films are pretty evenly matched,so I'll go with Lost in New York because I think it has the better Kevin-gettting-the-best-of-the-Wet-Bandits sequence at the end.

JRM
JRM

on 4/11/2010

Both are great and equal in my mind, but I'll pick the first just cuz of that -- it's the first.

on 6/26/2010

Both of these movies bring back nice memories for me, I think I'll pick the first one but it's close.

ear
ear

on 6/26/2010

The Original is the only one I could set through again.

on 1/13/2011

Wet or Sticky?!? Wet Bandits win it just. 'Have a nice time, bring me back something French'.

on 5/30/2011

Recently revisited both films for a critical review. The original holds up SO much better, and is far less cruel.

on 6/8/2011

The scene between Catherine O'hara and John Candy from Hole Alone 1, is better than everything in Home Alone 2.

on 6/8/2011

These two are virtually identical films, but one scene sets "Home Alone 2" apart: that electricity stunt in the basement after Marv is covered in paint makes me cry every single time. The skeleton/scream bit sends me overboard, hahaha.

on 6/20/2011

Although they are both mainly comedies, Lost In New York had a bit more purpose and feeling to it. The people he met, such as the Toy Store clerk and the pidgeon lady, brought more to the film and makes it better than the first.

on 6/4/2012

second one is funnier and more violent

on 11/21/2012

home with friends is better you lonely cunts

on 12/26/2012

They sit right together on my list, with Home Alone on top. I enjoy both greatly.

on 12/26/2012

Lost in New York is one of the worst in theater experiences in my life. Original all the way...

on 12/26/2012

They are both great but the second one feels repetitive as it's basically the exact same plot as the first film in just a different and larger setting. The first film is certainly better.

on 6/22/2013

I'm with Shane. I love the first two films. Number 4 was awful, number 3 was passable for me but then again, these first three films are ones I've seen countlessly during my primary school years. The original gets the nod, love both however

on 11/24/2013

Idk

on 11/24/2013

Idk

on 4/17/2014

The first one

on 5/21/2014

Home Alone 1 for sure

on 12/13/2014

The sequel is nearly identical to the original...except it's worse. Home Alone all the way...

on 10/6/2015

Wow I love both.Really love both.Both these movies have huge chunk of nostalgia going for it.But the orignal has the edge here

on 1/31/2016

the original home alone is better, although i do like the sequel.

on 12/1/2017

The sequel is fine, but this is really no contest.

on 7/1/2018

i vote for Home Alone 2 Lost in New York

on 12/10/2018

HOME ALONE 2 LOST IN NEW YORK

on 12/24/2018

Home Alone is funny, creative but also has heart. What works is how tight the narrative is and, despite the comical tone, how real it is. A boy left home alone having to defend for himself and experiencing life without his family and the situations were realistic. Home Alone 2 is very average. It tries to make the scale bigger and therefore loses its focus. Yet, it’s structually the same and repeats the same messages. The worst part about it is the climax. In the original, Kevin was like “you’re coming into my home and I’m going to defend it” which gave him somewhat of a moral highground and felt more real. The climax in the sequel is more like “I’m going to lead you to a random location and try to murder you”. It’s more abusive, less funny and makes me root against Kevin. Lost In New York has some funny moments and great casting but a lot... doesn’t really work.

on 12/27/2018

I will go with Home Alone 2 because I watched the 2nd one first when I was a kid and I just felt like it had some truly hilarious moments that tops the first one. (Like when Marv gets electrocuted and when they are hiding out in the doll houses and keep freezing still as people pass by). Love them both though.