Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade vs. Return of the Jedi

17 comments

14 comments

Last Crusade versus Jedi? Impossible.

Why are flickchart doing this to me all the time?!

Ugh...that's too hard.

Last Crusade -- Easy, personally.

No Ewoks Connery = Win for Indie

why god whyyyyyyyyyy

So easy, a perfect end to the chronicles of Indiana Jones, riding off into the sunset with his father and compatriots, compared to, basically the same ending as the first Star Wars, but with an Ewok Bahn Fire party instead of a medal ceremony..

Star Wars. Hands down.

WTF!!!! I cant choose.

Return of the Jedi for me, although both are solid for the last movie that ever should have been made in their respective franchises.

Last Crusade for Connery and great set pieces. Billy Dee makes this one tough but, he isn't enough.

how can you pick between return of the jedi and indiana jones? i think i'll go with the holy grail over a galaxy far far way

tough tough choice, both great ends to great trilogies

Seeing as I would pick any of the three original Indiana Jones films - even The Temple of Doom by a smidge - over Return of the Jedi and I consider The Last Crusade to not be far from Raiders of the Lost Ark, the best in the trilogy, in terms of quality, my answer is easy here. The Last Crusade.

Both are basically just remakes of the first act in their respective trilogies. "Jedi" was a better payoff for "Star Wars" than "Last Crusade" was for the Indy series.

Fuck this. Almost impossible

Holy crap, Flickchart. Well, Last Crusade has Sean Connery, so it wins. And beyond that, it has more action and more laughs.

It's an easy choice for me. I like the Last Crusade MUCH more then any of the star wars movies

crusade vs jedi?!??!?!! this is one of the toughest choices...EVER. no fair flick chart...no fair...

I gotta go with Return of the Jedi.

the best of the Indy series easily wins this.

I think I disagree with my 2010 self. When I rewatched all of the Indy and original SW films recently I felt that Jedi was the "best" Star Wars in terms of writing (though ANH is my favorite) and Last Crusade is a pretty far drop down from Raiders. Jedi ought to win here, I think.

Return of the Jedi has it all, still like Indy 3, but I am a Jedi of course

Last Crusade, hands down. I don't know how someone can defend RotJ against THE LAST FREAKIN' CRUSADE.

The Last Crusade is not as good as Raiders of the Lost Ark so Return of the Jedi wins this time.

I didn't find it all that difficult...

I'll take Return of the Jedi.

Easy. Last Crusade recycles a lot from Raiders, Jedi recycles a lot from Star Wars. The big difference here is that Last Crusade is filled with energy; you can tell that the actors are having fun. In Jedi, most of the actors look either tired or bored. Last Crusade is fun, Jedi...sometimes, but not so much.

My favorite Indy VS my favorite Star Wars right here. Both are in my top 20, but Return of the Jedi barely wins this.

I have changed my mind so I do like both of them but I do Think that The Last Crusade is a better sequel than Return of the Jedi.

Two of my absolute favorites from my youth. Jedi wins....simply because I'm an absolute Star Wars original trilogy mark.

Possibly fav Indy vs least fav OT Star Wars....Indy easily!

Return of the Jedi.

Last Crusade concluded it's trilogy better.

Last Crusade, to me personally, was the more satisfying film. Nothing particularly wrong with Jedi. It's just that Last Crusade was thrilling from the beginning all the way to the end, and was that in the most satisfying manner possible. Plus, Indy adds a lot more new to the table here. I mean, Connery Vs Ewoks? Please...

Last Crusade, Reydars of the Lusty Arkkie, and Temple of Doom are my all-time favorite trilogy. Put the three over every Star Wars.

Last Crusade was the much better third installment to it's trilogy. ROTJ is a bit overrated to be ranked #7 of all time on this site.

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade 32-31