Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World vs. The Matrix

2 comments

2 comments

Ouch. Two of my all time faves. MATRIX has the great ideas, the sci-fi coolness and metaphysical chic. But Master has that amazing story and such brilliant performances.. Master wins by a blade's edge...

Man this site really makes you choose between your children. The Matrix is ground breaking and improbably cool, a true feat of the imagination. Master and Commander is finely crafted and impeccably acted; a meditation on what it is to be a man. Watching both with my sons was very cool but while the Matrix merely allowed us to share numerous moments of drop-jaw coolness, MAster and Commander provoked many discussions surrounding how one should live. And was pretty darned cool to boot. Master and Commander by a nose.

Pretty much a tie. Hmm. Gotta pick one so I'll go with Matrix because of the sci fi.

Agree with sillyrodger. Master and Commander is at 21 on my list while the Matrix is 19. Love them both pretty much equally, but going to go with the Sci-Fi film, since Sci-Fi is pretty much my favourite genre.