Rope vs. Dial M for Murder

5 comments

7 comments

Two phenomenal films from Hitchcock, but I've gotta go with Rope. Such an intense film.

Grace Kelly. 'Nuff said.

Agree, Grace Kelly is enough to make the difference between the two but the mystery taking place in Dial M is a little more interesting. Two phenomenal and underrated Hitchcock films

Excellent matchup! Both are underrated films from Hitchcock. Both take place in one location. Dial M has a more involving plot, so I'll go with it for now.

This is terribly difficult for me. I see them as near equals. Both take place in on location for the most part. It is noteworthy to point out that Dial M's plot is a bit richer and character development is better as well. So, I'm going with Dial M, but not by a lot.

I was so unimpressed by Rope. Dial M is the easy winner for me...

Most of the hate rope gets is how simple the story is, and how light it is compared with Hitchcock's other masterworks. Rope is a fine film for sure, and I do not think it's bad at all, but Dial M does so much more in one setting than Rope, and handles aspects story better, to keep you entertained and invested. Dial M for me though, as it has a better story and better character development.

Rope, all day. Dial M just didn't do much for me.

Hitchcock's two most underrated films and maybe the two most underrated films of all time! They both accomplished what they set out to do. I appreciated Rope more on a filmmaking standpoint but Dial M For Murder kept me engage more! A difficult but great matchup!

Both masterpieces, but Rope gets the edge for its long take technique

Dial M for Murder is criminally underrated. Much better than Rope. The acting in Dial M is far superior to Rope. Better actors may have made Rope closer.

Love both of these but I'd have to say Dial M For Murder is the stronger film