Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III vs. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze

1 comments

5 comments

Both of them were sloppier and more cartoony compared to the first Ninja Turtles movie, but Ninja Turtles III had worse jokes and action scenes. Even as a kid, and I was a huge Turtles fan, TMNT III just felt too much like it was a letdown.

TMNT II is my personal favorite, maybe just because I watched it over and over as a kid. TMNT III is definitely the worst of the series. Bad special effects and totally nonsensical physics that even as a child I couldn't buy. "It's equal mass displacement!" So, these four shogun have the exact same mass as these four mutant turtles? Whatever. Not that TMNT II's logic was much better. But it's a fun movie from the Ernie Reyes Jr. days. Add a slumming David Warner, a much prettier April O'Neill than in the first, and a cameo by Vanilla Ice, and you've got yourself a cheese classic. Go ninja, go ninja, go!

You know, I actually never saw Turtles III as a kid. Damn, I knew there was a reason for that, though. What the heck made me sit through that movie now that I'm in my 30s? I just don't know... Anywho, on review at my advanced age, Secret of the Ooze is a bad film, but it still had some camp value. Turtles III has no value whatsoever.

(Amazingly, the first one almost still holds up...)

I gotta go back and watch these. Was April ONiel my first boner? I just don't remember anymore.

Both of these sequels can't hold a candle to the Original (which is my favorite movie of all time). However, 3 is more serious than 2...

Don't really like either anymore. 2 is the clear winner though.