A Bug's Life vs. Antz

17 comments

9 comments

The famous CG duel of the insects - Pixar's take on it is entirely better than Dreamworks, as has been shown time and time again with each studio's later films

I enjoy Antz. It's got a great voice cast, of course. The story's interesting, the animation unique. But A Bug's Life, while being Pixar's weakest film to date, is still chock-full of great characters, great story and great animation. In other words, the trifecta of Pixar hallmarks, making it an excellent movie no matter how you slice it, and the better choice here.

No question, A Bug's Life is overall a better film.

A Bug's Life gets the nod because it's way more entertaining. Antz is just average at best.

I enjoyed Antz a great deal more than A Bug's Life, probably because it was my introduction to Woody Allen. I still find his character in Antz to be funnier than anyone in ABL, which was - until Cars - Pixar's weakest effort.

JRM
JRM

I enjoyed both quite a bit, but loved A Bug's Life far more when I was younger. And I still do.

I've come to appreciate A Bugs Life more over the years but I must admit that I enjoyed Antz more.

Dreamworks excels when they stop riding Pixar's coattails and come up with their own films. Shrek, Kung Fu Panda, Megamind...these would be examples of their prospering when they do their own thing. Antz was not one of those instances. It was a cheap response to A Bug's Life and nothing more.

Hated Antz. A Bug's Life is underrated and quite good. Pixar it is!

Antz isn't a bad film, it's just not a very good one. A Bug's Life, on the other hand, is better than Antz in almost every way.

Not even a match,but the comparison makes total sense.

both are good films bugs life is just a bit better.

Both strong movies, with different sensibilities, but I prefer A Bug's Life overall.

i grew up on bugs life, i think antz is good but a bugs life, lik most other pixar films is a great work of art, not only a childs film but a family one, one i watch when i have the time even today in my late teens

antz

Definantly A Bugs Life it has always been put down in comparison to the best Pixar movies. It gets the win over Antz!

I thought that Antz was enjoyable, if not great, but it's still faaaar inferior to Bug's Life.

antz is better

Bug's Life is a masterpiece.

I don't know. I haven't seen either of them in ages. I think I enjoyed A Bug's Life more when I was younger, but I still enjoyed Antz on its own merits. I think that given the choice to watch either one now, I'd rather watch Antz on the grounds of being edgier, as well as having Woody Allen in it. So Antz wins, but not by much.

It's, like, eugenics and the proletariat/Untermensch uprising, man. And poop jokes.

I like how Antz is spelled with a Z. Because, it's usually spelled with an S! But you just don't expect the expected in the wacky, wild world of Antz.

^ Fantastic.

antz had much more interesting characters and it wasn't afraid to ad some maturity to a kids film.Unlike a bugs life which was enjoyable but no were near as good.

The two ant-movies of 1998. Dreamworks VS Pixar. Bug's life has better characters, better story development, is the better movie!

I like the Seven Samurai adaptation in A Bug's Life's storyline more than the Antz story. I like both though.

No contest...

You're right, no contest. A Bug's Life squishes Antz.

A Bug's Life by far. Never liked Antz

Which insect names do I have to pick? Thumper or Cutter?

Ah the ultimate Disney Pixar vs Dreamworks clash, for me it's always been Antz though.