Brave vs. Cars 2

5 comments

1 comments

I was disappointed by both of Pixar's recent outings, especially after the wonderful Toy Story 3, but I suppose Brave felt a little less like a cash-in.

Brave for me. Cars 2 is the only Pixar movie that I don't LOVE, but I still really like it.

I agree with the other commenters. Cars 2 was kind of enjoyable sometimes, but Brave, though not Pixar's best film, was a solid and funny film.

While I didn't hate Cars 2, Brave is the infinitely superior film, and for very personal reasons to me. Namely, that they didn't kill off Merida's mother, or make her evil, or present her or Merida as entirely in the wrong. It's because of the popularity of a film like Brave that, I believe, better films like Frozen could be made about female familial relationships.

Even Brave can beat Cars 2 with ease

Cars 2 is better.

Brave by far

BRAVE

Cars 2

Brave, but not by much. Brave is mediocre, and Cars 2 is bad. Either way, they are both D tier Pixar movies. I'd honestly rather rewatch Cars 2, because the plot is somewhat interesting, but Cars 2 is a more problematic movie. It's unfunny, stupid, has Mater as a protagonist, introduces worthless side characters, and lacks anything that would make anyone think that it could possibly be a Pixar movie. Brave is just aggressively 5/10 at everything.