Wreck-It Ralph vs. Brave

8 comments

3 comments

Not a great year for animated films, I don't think, when these were our main two Oscar contenders.

Travesty of the Oscars? Perhaps. Wreck-it Ralph far outshined Brave.

Wreck it Ralph was robbed of a deserving Oscar. How on Earth did Brave win it? It is one of Pixar's worst along with Cars 1 and 2.

Wreck-It Ralph was original, beautifully animated, and extremely entertaining. Brave was bland, derivitive, and one of Pixar's worst.

For these to be the two main contenders for a Best Animated Feature award, it clearly wasn't a good year for animation. Brave has a mediocre plot and a main character who acts like a total brat and her consequences are...getting everything she wants. Ralph starts out good, but gets really boring after it abandons most of its premise to be a Candyland movie. Both had plenty of nice visual moments. Brave wins only because of that awesome witch who isn't in the movie nearly enough.

I didn't really like Brave, thought it was boring and cheesy, Wreck it Ralph was funny and enjoyable, and I really liked all it's videogame references. Wreck it Ralph is better.

Brave doesn't hold a candle to Wreck-It Ralph.

Brave was okayish...Wreck-It Ralph was much more entertaining and clever...far better than Brave. Brave must've won for being a more traditional plot for an animated film. Idk, but it seems unanimous here at least.

Wreck it ralph

Wreck-It Ralph was good, Brave was okay. Honestly, Brave was just showing off its visuals in parts, rather than specifically using great visuals to tell a great story. It also tried to force in a main female lead character, who wasn't interesting at all. Always see the annoying brat bitch in the posters and merchandise holding her bow, as if its trying to shove it down our throats that female characters can be interesting. She doesn't feel natural like in pixars other films, and brave is a meh movie. Wreck-It Ralph was interesting and a really good film considering its a standalone disney one. Brave gets wrecked.

Im going to be honest, I did like Brave. But it is nowhere close to being as heartwarming and memorable as Wreck-It-Ralph.

I love Brave because it's one of the best Pixar movies that have been won Oscars, but Wreck-It Ralph is one of the most AMAZING Disney movies ever made! Wreck-It Ralph is a super miracle!