The NeverEnding Story vs. The Rocketeer

4 comments

2 comments

Wow, here's a blast from the past. I saw both of these movies multiple times as a kid. Definitely have to go with The Rocketeer, though. That's still a cool movie.

Interesting. While I remember seeing NeverEnding Story multiple times growing up, Rocketeer, I seem to only ever remember seeing in theatres. Right now I'd have to take NES on this one, although I would like to see Rocketeer again sometime as I do remember liking it, but I just never got the chance to check it out again after seeing it in theatres.

I re-watched "NeverEnding Story" recently. Hasn't held up that well, especially after reading the novel. Still a huge part of my childhood though, with lots of classic moments. (I still want my own luck dragon.) "The Rocketeer" is one of the most underrated adventure movies ever. Definitely Joe Johnston's best.

ear
ear

I prefer the fantasy trip provided by The Neverending Story.

Love both of these movies, but The Rocketeer is just a better-made film all the way around. Better performances, better visual effects, and better music. It's an easy victory for The Rocketeer.

Just read my old comment from 2010, haha. Well, I've watched it again in the last few years and I've changed my mind. Clearly, because NES has risen into my top 100, and Rocketeer has risen to just outside it. Closer call now, but in favor of the opposite.