Sin City vs. Stardust

3 comments

2 comments

Sin City has traditionally steamrolled up my list and I'm in a crazy mood right now, but I really enjoyed Stardust when we saw it at the cheap theater for like $8 including food. De Niro's gay pirate character is a triumph of cinema, much like his A/C repairman in Brazil.

Indeed, both are fantastic adapations of their already fantastic source material. I love how many awesome match-ups contastanly arise!

I could not get into Sin City. It was, visually, very unique, but it did absolutely nothing for me. Meanwhile, Stardust never wowed me, either. Michelle Pfeiffer was obviously having fun, and De Niro was far and away the most enjoyable part of the film, but I can't say much for the film itself, other than it was pretty unique. The only movie I could really compare it to is The Princess Bride...which, in and of itself, is reason to watch Stardust again. (On an unrelated note, I quite enjoyed director Matthew Vaughn's British gangster flick, Layer Cake.) Anywho...I certainly had more fun watching Stardust, so that's the way I lean, after this comment about, essentially, not much....

Sin City was visually stunning, but it cannot compare to Stardust in any other area.

I didn't love either but I enjoyed them both. I think I'll go with Sin City here.