Zombieland vs. Tucker and Dale vs. Evil

3 comments

6 comments

Ugh....these are oddly similar. Zombieland I guess.

Similar....except that Zombieland was actually funny....

Has to be Zombieland for me.

I enjoyed Tucker and Dale. I'm usually not into movies like that and I wasn't expecting much, but I was genuinely surprised at how good it was. Zombieland still dominates in this matchup, though.

Tucker and Dale vs. Evil is one of the few movies in recent memory to not only live up to my (in this case, lofty) expectations, but exceed them as well, landing itself the title of my favorite horror comedy. If Zombieland had been just Bill Murray being Bill Murray in "Zombieland," it might stand a chance. However, my combined love for Tudyk (Firefly) and Labine (Reaper) is too immense to overcome.

I like both in equal measure and the difference in ranking on my flickchart currently is larger than my appreciation of the pair of them would suggest. I watched Tucker and Dale more recently and I really liked the role-reversal in the "cabin in the woods" set-up. Plus it is quite a nice little message the more you think about it, even if it has been done to death a million times with more serious intent before (don't judge people by class and appearance etc). Zombieland is also a lot of fun, but it's been a while since I've seen it. I also think I laughed out loud a bit more with Tucker and Dale, so for now, I'm going to go with Tucker and Dale.

It’s tucker and dale for me. Not many movies make me laugh like that one.

Tucker and Dale I found to be much more entertaining and funny.

Tucker and Dale is a laugh riot, Zombieland is decent. Tucker and Dale vs. Evil>Zombieland

I enjoy Zombieland more. Tucker and Dale is decent, but I felt like sometimes they were trying too hard