Zombieland vs. Gangster Squad

9 comments

0 comments

Ruben Fleischer matchup. I know the Dark Knight cinema shooting was an awful, awful incident. But to delay a movie, and remove a section of a movie where it has a cinema shooting because it might offend, is ridiculous. Yet he's fine showing people dying in explosions, and a dead kid. Where the line? Personally, I think they could of just delayed it and it would of been fine. The cinema scene also must of been better than Chinatown shootout (reshoots to replace cinem scene), that was godawful. I think it's obvious what movie I think wins.

You wouldn't even begin to understand the inevitable backlash if that scene was kept in the final film. We Americans are idiots and are sensitive to everything. Hell, if that scene was kept in the film, Congress would probably say something similar to the fact that it's advocating gun violence and the next mass shooting over here will be blamed on the film's scene. It would just cause a huge rigamarole.

I don't want to get too political, not really the place, plus I'm Australian, too far away from gun problems. I don't want to start anything like the Iron Man 2 vs The Dark Knight argument with anyone (not talking about you Reelz), it just annoys me that the best part of The Gangster Squad trailer was cut when they delayed it anyway. Plus, to blame a movie for a mass shooting is a copout if they do that.

Hell yeah. I was looking forward to that part in the movie when I saw the early trailers for it too. I thought that that part in particular looked pretty interesting. Yeah, I know this isn't 'Politicalchart', but it sucks that they had to change scenes for all versions worldwide and not just with the U.S. version. That shit sucks.

Maybe we should start a Piers Morgan vs Alex Jones matchup Reelz. I'm the foreigner, I get to be Piers! :) Not really, I think someone will come to Australia after me.

This conversation is over. Lol.

:)

Zombie freakin' Land anytime, but i really did enjoy "Gangster Squad" more than i could think of. Fleischer did a honest mob bullets-flying-all-around movie without trying to be too deep or more than it actually is. Just flat out action with a amazing cast that really gave some more flavor to the whole experience. Enjoyable.

Surprisingly difficult. I enjoyed Gangster Squad quite a lot. It wasn't what I expected and it underwhelmed me as a result, but I still had fun with it. The more I think about Zombieland, the more I dislike it, and I don't even know exactly why. I guess I don't find it as clever or funny when I first saw it, I dunno. But I think I'll still go with Zombieland. It's better structured and much more memorable. But eh, I think I enjoyed both about as much. My decision might change later, but for now, Zombieland it is.

Fleischer's first two efforts weren't impeccable masterpieces, but they brought with them a heavy dose of fun, an element Gangster Squad is devoid of. It tries to be fun, playing up the style of the film, except Fleischer lays it on way too thick. I love film noir, as well as most of the main cast. He simply ruins both by exaggerating them to the point that it becomes groan worthy. Zombieland... without question.

Gangster Squad wasn't bad by any means, but it just doesn't compete with Zombieland.

Gangster Squad sucked, Zombieland didn't. Next.