Let the Right One In vs. The Exorcist

3 comments

1 comments

This is a really good match up, I love both but I'll go with The Exorcist here

Greatest vampire movie ever made trumps the greatest devil movie ever made. Barely...

Wow. Bold statement. I'll give Exorcist the 2-1 lead.

I laughed my ass off while watching The Exorcist. A pretty hilarious comedy. Oh, but it's supposed to be a seriously scary horror flick, so fuck that dated and boring shit. Let the Right One In was a beautiful tale of love. Impossible love, that is. Love its feeling. Easily one of my favorite movies ever.

Two movies I appreciated much more on re-watch. I loved the mood and cinematography of Let the Right One In; but I didn't quite get a good grip on the story until I saw it again, and let myself get swept up by it. It uses its horror efficiently in its brief scenes; I loved that. The Exorcist, by contrast, completely washed over me its atmosphere and dark despair by Pazuzu and shook me to my core so much harder than I remembered. Based on these stronger emotional reactions, I'll give it to The Exorcist, as hilarious as Beetlejuice finds it to be. haha. Let the Right One In though, still a really well-done horror movie.