The Ninth Gate vs. The Swimmer

0 comments

3 comments

In The Swimmer you have Burt Lancaster on a quest to swim through all his neighbors' swimming pools to reach his house. In The Ninth Gate Johnny Depp is on a quest to decipher the mystery behind three books supposedly written by Satan. While The Ninth Gate is mildly entertaining, and has a breezy quality, it doesn't really live up to what it appears to be going for. The Swimmer, though, is unusual and suspenseful. A flick that exists somewhere between dark and cheesy, and really isn't like anything else I've seen.

The Swimmer is nothing like i've seen as well. I enjoy it much more than The Ninth Gate. I can barely remember anything from The Ninth Gate, as it was terrible, and completely forgettable. Polanski has dne much, much better. However, The Swimmer kept my attention, and it's uniqueness will stay with me for years.

The Swimmer is one of my favorite movies and one of the most unusual. There is simply nothing like it. Can't take my eyes off of it when it's on. Brilliant in every way.