The Departed vs. The Godfather Part II

11 comments

15 comments

And the best film of all time is... The Godfather Part II. Both are amazing though.

The Godfather II is just so epic and has so many great actors and performances. Though Departed is one of my favorites.

Both totally awesome. If there was choice of rating them the same, I would do so, but in this case I have to go with Pacino.

This isn't even a debate. Godfather 2 is everything that's right about film. The Departed is an overrated borderline mess of a film that substitutes shock value and morbid endings for actual substance and good story telling.

Hard decison.both great movies. I watched The Departed the other day for the first time and I was blown away. Very good movie. Great acting and lots of crime. The Godfather 2 was awesome but not in the same lines as The Departed.

The Godfather Pt II is an amazing film from start to finish. It stands rightfully as one of the greatest films of all time.

Two exceptional movies, yet this is not a close run thing.

The Departed is that much better.

Both great but the the rich dialog and great settings with outstanding performances gives Godfather Part 2 the easy win.

Departed

My preference is The Departed, but I understand that most would consider GF II the better movie...

Part II

Tough

GF2 had the better acting, characters and themes/moral aspect. Departed had the better story and dialogue in my opinion. GF2 even had the better direction. But for some reason Im still going with Departed... But they are right next to each other! Im might change this later on

Enjoy both but i prefer The Departed.

The Departed also for me.

The Godfather 2 is so depressive but is amazing, The Departed is more epic and happy

ear
ear

Part ll is that good.

Departed for me.

Departed is more engaging and tonally consistent

I don't really like either of these movies all that much, but I don't get all the hubbub about the departed while the godfather part ii is clearly an excellent film, so I guess that's how I'll choose

The departed stomps.

The Departed.

The Departed easily wins this one.

The Godfather Part II

The Departed

The Departed best plot ever of recommendation.

The Departed is a brilliant movie, but The Godfather Part 2 is quite a bit better.