Spider-Man 2 vs. Evil Dead II

4 comments

9 comments

in the battle of the Sam Raimi sequels, i gotta go with the classic Evil Dead 2!

Spider-Man 2 is no doubt a great film, but Raimi is going to be hard pressed to ever do something as cool as Evil Dead 2 again.

I am going to go with Old School Gorehound Raimi over Mr. Studio Middle-Aged Republican Raimi. Love both flicks, but Ash rules here. And what an ending...!

Battle of the Sam Raimi second installments to a trilogy...and the winner is...Evil Dead II, and it really isn't very close.

Raimi Sequel Showdown! I care more about Spidey than the Evil Dead, but I found SPIDER-MAN 2 annoying and frustrating throughout. EVIL DEAD II wins by default.

Flip a coin, man. Today I'm going with Spidey - probably the best superhero movie I've ever had the pleasure of watching. Ask me tomorrow and I might have changed my mind.

Evil Dead 2 no contest

No contest! Evil Dead II is better than the original, and Spider-Man 2 is the Raimi's ultimate failure

This week, we're taking a look at the best and worst of Raimi's filmography. The emotional and character driven Spider-Man sequel or the unwatchable and embarrassing Evil Dead sequel. I don’t care what anyone says EVIL DEAD II IS BLOODY AWFUL!

This week, we're taking a look at the best and worst of Raimi's filmography. The emotional and character driven Spider-Man sequel or the unwatchable and embarrassing Evil Dead sequel. I don’t care what anyone says EVIL DEAD II IS BLOODY AWFUL!

I'd rather watch a 2-hour loop of that laughing scene than Spider Man 2. The only good thing about Spider Man 2 was its chainsaw scene.

Almost 3 years later and here's a formal apology... I now really like Evil Dead 2. Not as much as Spider-Man 2, but enough to feel embarrassed by my previous comment. Sorry Sam Raimi. You are a God!

God I love Sam Raimi. These are probably my two favourite movies of his, and while I personally think Spider-Man 2 is still the best superhero movie ever made, the scene in Evil Dead II where Bruce Campbell's hand gets possessed and starts smashing plates on Bruce's head is simply one of the most glorious things ever put on camera; it never fails to bring a big ol' smile to my face. Sorry, Tobey, but I think I have to hand this one to Bruce...

Evil Dead II easily, still Raimi's best work. I would never understand the love for Spider-Man 2