Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse vs. Suicide Squad

2 comments

0 comments

Hated Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse almost as much as I hated Suicide Squad. If you want a black/latin superhero then use one that already exists or create a new one. I don't care if the comic books did it first, it's still token changing Spider-Man. Get your own name and abilities for heaven sake.

^ I saw Into The Spider-Verse less than 24 hours ago and I have to say your complaint makes zero sense. A black Spider-Man did exist already in Miles who's been a comic character for almost a decade now. "Give me a black superhero who already existed but I'm mad that you used a black superhero from the comics" sums up your argument for hating Spider-Verse. And he was black in design in the film but they didn't bring any attention to it. He was written as a young man and race was immune and irreverent. Spider-Man had many changes and alter egos; which is what the film poked fun at (and it did include Peter Parker but I'm glad they switched things up and didn't make him the main focus. Expand the lore). I, myself, thought the film was a total blast!