The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers vs. Back to the Future Part II

10 comments

2 comments

Both part IIs. One epic, one awesome. hmm... BTTF by a slight nostalgia margin.

It is a tough call...Back to the Future to me is over all 3 LOTR but this is close enough I think I'm going Two Towers here

Both brilliant, but LotR is better.

Two Towers wins big here. Back to the Future is amazing though (all of em).

Lord of the Rings is easily better! Any LOTR is better than BTTF even though I absolutely love BTTF trilogy!

Back to the Future Part II is a weird sequel. The scenes in 2015 Hill Valley are basically the same scenes in 1955 Hill Valley...only it's set in the future. The second third of the movie is dark and nasty, and the last third is basically the last third of the first movie, except now we see what happens in the "background". There is no sequel quite like Back to the Future Part II, which is both a compliment and kind of a complaint. If I want to see scenes from the first movie, I'll watch the first movie, y'know. We don't need to see the skateboard scene, one of the most iconic scenes from the first movie, done over again. I mean yeah, it's with hoverboards, but it's basically the same. It's fun, but it's not nearly as powerful or exciting as in the first one. I still like the movie a lot, but the movie is like a two-headed leech: it takes a lot of awesome, memorable scenes from the first one while heavily promoting the third one. The movie feels like a cheat. An enjoyable cheat, but a cheat nonetheless.

Back to the Future Part II was, by far, the weakest film of the Back to the Future trilogy. Even if it weren't, it would still probably lose this matchup.

Two towers is in My opinion at very very overrated film

Two Towers is the better sequel in my opinion. I enjoy Back to the Future Part II but it's a step down from the stellar first installment.

TTT without a thought...

Two Towers by far

TTT wins